Don’t Look for Me: A Novel
One night, Molly Clarke disappears. It looks like she walked away from her life, the note at a hotel saying Don’t Look for Me seemed to close the case. Her family life was not going well, not since the death of her youngest daughter five years before. Her husband didn’t seem to love her anymore and her other two children despised her, especially her oldest, Nicole. But as broken as their family is, Nicole knows her mother would never just leave them. She heads to the town where Molly disappeared from and begins to look for clues herself. Nicole said terrible things to her mother before she disappeared and she will do whatever it takes to find her and repair their broken relationship. However, there are people at work behind the scenes actively trying to keep her from finding the truth or to make her disappear as well.
This is my second Wendy Walker book and I have to say I liked it a lot more than the first. It was easy to relate to both Molly and Nicole and the strained relationship that mothers and daughters can have. They were probably the only two characters to have much depth, but it was enough. The plot was interesting and telling the same story in the same timeline from both of their perspectives added extra layers of suspense. If you enjoy mysteries and especially those with strong female leads, then you should check this book out.
|Page Count||352 pages|
|Publisher||St. Martin's Press|
|Bookshop.org||Buy this Book|
|Category||Mystery, Crime, Thriller|
Top rated products
- Olympic Pride, American Prejudice: The Untold Story of 18 African Americans Who Defied Jim Crow and Adolf Hitler to Compete in the 1936 Berlin Olympics $28.00
- The Age of Witches: A Novel $28.00
- Ignite Your Light: A Sunrise-to-Moonlight Guide to Feeling Joyful, Resilient, and Lit from Within $23.99
- The Beauty in Breaking $27.00
- A Duchess a Day: A Novel (Awakened by a Kiss Book 1) $7.99
There are no reviews yet.