The Orphan Witch: A Novel
Persephone May has never felt at home in the world. Without parents or extended family, she has moved alone and lonely for thirty-two years until an invitation from an acquaintance, Hyacinth Ever, brings her to Wile Isle and reveals the family she’s never had.
Upon arrival on the island, Persephone begins to sense magic. She’s always known she was different, but Hyacinth and her sister Moira help her to see what she is truly capable of and why she is so important to their family story. A one-hundred-year-old curse needs to be broken, and they believe Persephone is the one to do it. It will mean taking up against their old nemeses, Ariel and Ellison Way, but the battle can’t be without risk. As the five women engage with each other and the truth of their shared history, Persephone learns she is powerful in ways she never could have imagined.
Within this quest for answers, there is also a darling love story set across time and space involving Dorian, a mysterious librarian, who seems to know Persephone better than she knows herself. The choices Persephone must make to stand strong in herself make The Orphan Witch not just an entertaining read but an inspirational one, too.
|Page Count||352 pages|
|Publisher||St. Martin's Griffin|
|Bookshop.org||Buy this Book|
|Category||Science Fiction & Fantasy|
Top rated products
- The Cracked Slipper $14.99
- Olympic Pride, American Prejudice: The Untold Story of 18 African Americans Who Defied Jim Crow and Adolf Hitler to Compete in the 1936 Berlin Olympics $28.00
- The Age of Witches: A Novel $28.00
- Ignite Your Light: A Sunrise-to-Moonlight Guide to Feeling Joyful, Resilient, and Lit from Within $23.99
- The Beauty in Breaking $27.00