What the Road Said
While a child heads toward home, following his usual path, he notices a road he’s never seen before; it’s as if it just appeared magically. He asks it where it leads. “Be a leader and find out,” it responds. When he inquires about what to do when he gets to his destination, it tells him to enjoy the moments in between, savoring each one. When he voices concern about choosing the wrong route along the way, the Road explains stumbling here and there is simply part of the journey. It teaches him, too, what it means to be brave, to show the world love, and to overcome life’s adversities.
What the Road Said is a heartfelt story about choices, challenges, survival, and perseverance. It’s a wonderful tribute to all who struggle with that inner voice that always asks, “why?” and is relentless in its pursuit for perfection. The Road encourages children to reach out, take risks, and simply get up when they fall. It urges them to trust their judgment, embrace change, and persist with determination, peace, love, and kindness even in the face of opposition. Those ages six to nine will find it a treasurable pick. They’ll admire the gorgeous, intricate illustrations throughout as well.
|Page Count||40 pages|
|Bookshop.org||Buy this Book|
Top rated products
- Olympic Pride, American Prejudice: The Untold Story of 18 African Americans Who Defied Jim Crow and Adolf Hitler to Compete in the 1936 Berlin Olympics $28.00
- The Age of Witches: A Novel $28.00
- Ignite Your Light: A Sunrise-to-Moonlight Guide to Feeling Joyful, Resilient, and Lit from Within $23.99
- The Beauty in Breaking $27.00
- A Duchess a Day: A Novel (Awakened by a Kiss Book 1) $7.99